PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 5th Nov 2009, 15:23
Nomoresteerage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
By my reading of this quote from the Independent...

After the trial date was agreed, Mr Hendy told the judge: "In the light of that fixture, my clients are prepared unwillingly to work the new schedules for the period of time up to the end of that trial."
Surely this means that in a court of law BASSA's QC has said that they will work to the end of the trial with the new compliments. That surely makes the strike ballot null and void as the result on 14th December means a strike has to take place within 28 days, therefore on or before 11th January 2010 - but BASSA have said they will work to the end of the trial which if 5 days will be 5th February.

Interestingly the court was not "Unite vs BA" or "BASSA vs BA" but what appeared to be an individual - is there any significance in that - are BASSA therefore not implicated by this decision?

BTW - I am neither crew nor flight deck - just an interested passenger who has been watching from the sidelines for my upcoming trip to BOM and SIN.

NMS