PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair cost cutting plan
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2009, 14:31
lowcostdolly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And I bet they are taking notes!!!!

This thread is being talked about by some orange crew as well. It's the funniest thing we have seen for a long time...
A tad worried though because when I'm on airport standby as CC I'm paid.... albeit a pittance.I might actually be expected to earn my money now

Just imagine some "forward thinking" manager at orangeland might actually plagerise these ideas as their own so not only would they have CC pushing back the planes but CC are expensive on airport standby at EZY so why not utilise them for the following at EZY or FR:
  • Baggage loading....why pay a loader when the airport standby CC can do it??
  • Re fueling the plane....how hard can it be really?? A CC could manage it. After all you only have to stick the pipe in the wing don't you? Nothing else matters at this point other than OTP.....hopefully??
  • Gate revenue.....how have any LOCO managers missed this one!!! We all know the CC are on board to create ancillary revenue don't we??. Why carry their extra wieght if not neccesary. Do the service at the gate on boarding. In fact proof of purchase could supersede the boarding card !!! Furthermore we could sell them seatbelts, loo tokens etc at this point as well
But what about safety? Well we can always rely on the fact that pax don't give a monkeys about the CC contribution to this anyway. However the CAA are so damn picky.....they want briefings and ABP's

Why not do the safety briefing pre flight at the boarding gate? To check SLF understanding we could do a competition (paid entry of course) where the highest score gets an emergency exit row and some legroom aka an ABP....after all anyone can open a door right?? That has been previously posted on PPrune....

For reassurance purposes we could have some CC "mini me's"!! Inflatables at the exits to make the SLF think we are actually there but they actually weigh nothing.....OMG I forgot about fuel efficency until now.

In case anyone is wondering I post in jest and have the ability to laugh at both companies. Who knows what may be policy next week

Keep it coming people......hilarious