PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - For International Cadets.
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2009, 13:57
FL999

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FL999 its all well and good saying you have planned for the unforeseen but by definition you cant plan for that. I can tell you that last year I planned to be at CX and now Im not, now Im frantically trying to plan other things but life has a way of throwing curve balls at you. As to why this scheme was created I belive I answered that before, dont honestly think CX give a crap about you as you are a number plain and simple and as a number you represent a cost saving over hiring DESO thats a fact. Whilst this cost saving is great now when people start leaving in droves is when it will bite them. Look at recent past examples of companies acting in the short term for maximum profit but for a long term loss!
Im not saying ive planned for everything that may or may not happen. Just that Id rather put all the chances on my side and take every opportunity that I can so that in the future I dont regret that I didnt take that road because some guy told me that I will most probably get married when im 25 and have kids which would basically make me go bankrupt with a divorce case. No offense mate but id rather stay positive. I am very well aware of the negative sides and I am in no case disputing the points put here by you and the others. Working as an SO for CX CANNOT be as bad as my current situation. Even if after 5 years I decide to leave and do something else the time spent doing that job will most certainly be better than doing the job im currently in. Ive got nothing to lose so to speak. ive also lived in Aus for a year and know what it is count your pennies. It cant be much worse than what ive already experienced. I appreciate your advice and concerns as well as the advice of the others but as I said, I can only go up from where I stand. Anyway, unless i actually get a call from darn CX all this jibber jabber is useless. ive applied in June btw and still havent heard from them. Got the 'geographical location ' bla bla when I tried to contact them. Im not holding my breath, life goes on for me but when (if) the opportunity shows up again I will take it.