PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 5th Nov 2009, 13:26
Tiramisu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi 7Heroes,
In my quarter of a century with BA, we've always had just one Purser and one CSD on Eurofleet. It's on worldwide that they have 2 Pursers.
However, I'll try and cope. I always have but I do think the service may suffer.
We will be working harder, I'm prepared for that which is what we get paid for anyway.
Having said that New Fleet is a real concern to me. With the new proposals, the redeployment arrangements if you've read them, mean I could be out of my job in 52 weeks or be on New fleet stripped off my present grade to main crew. I 'm prepared to take a pay cut but not to be transferred to New Fleet loosing everything I've worked for.

They can take a 1 crew off each flight, but in my opnion we need a CSD and a Purser on twin aisle aircrafts. At the end of the day, it's all down to cost.

I absolutely love my job and BA but, both sides need to get back to the table and negotiate before this iconic brand is destroyed. Something and someone has got to give, but this whole strike thing is definitely the wrong approach.