PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - For International Cadets.
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2009, 12:36
FL999

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FL999 you seem to have everything planned out but have you considered the possibility of what happens when things dont turn out as planned as they tend to always do?
yes i have thought about that. There are however things that you can control. Im definitely young enough to control the fact that getting married and having children will not be an issue anytime soon. Mind you im not 15. Im an adult and ive been in the working world for a while now. Until now I have been able to focus on my priorities while living life to its max. As mentioned by CPP2009 some people simply cannot afford to go self-sponsored. Im one of those. I live in a country where the standard of living simply isnt high enough to be able to save up to go private. I did the math earlier. If I saved my monthly salary(all of it) id need to save for 20 years to get the budget required. Obviously with promotion and salary increases decrease that to 10-15. You will understand that this is not an option. I have lived in very bad conditions in the past and know what it is. Dont worry, I dont live an expensive lifestyle. I live a very simple life and will do with the local way of life in HK no problems. I am young enough and ready to make the required sacrifices for the first 6-7 years of my career. If thats what it takes to get started it wont be a problem. Once you get into your thirties and things still havent changed then decisions will have to be made. until then I am not worried. There are simply not enough opportunities out there to disregard this one. Especially for someone in my situation. As I said it all depends on your background, your motivation and your current situation. My situation is simple so no problems there.

If the scheme is really that bad i reckon things will change in the future. Honestly, why would CX pay hundreds of thousands of dollars on training cadets if its to put them in the jumpseat for 10 years which would eventually force them to leave? I just dont understand the logic. Maybe someone can explain.