PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 5th Nov 2009, 10:20
bealine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Misdirected Anger!

It's very sad to see this thread degenerating into a virtual civil cyber war!

I suggest, if we're going to fling mud around, it should be directed at the British Airways overstuffed management who have destroyed the company!

Whatever happened to the British Airways' team spirit we used to pride ourselves on? If only the management could only have harnessed that raw power, energy and loyalty in a positive way, we could have taken the world by storm!

I understand that our own Ground Staff union talks are making progress. Whether or not I will be able to afford to remain with BA in the long-term remains to be seen, but, despite my earlier posts where I stated I don't really care what happens to BA, I don't really want to see it destroyed. I have far too many happy memories.

FWIW, I am receiving reports from staff at handling agents and airlines at Heathrow and Gatwick that their management are treating the staff with derision as well - BA is not on its own!

Our day will come when we can exact vengeance on the people who are really responsible for this fiasco. Once the recesiion eases and job vacancies return, many good people with years of experience, the airlines' and handlers' real assets, will disappear and leave their former employers in the lurch!

I think the time has come for all of us, Staff, (Decent) Managers, Pilots, Cabin Crew (whether BASSA or not), Engineers, Ground Staff and all to shake hands and remember that we are all come under the fabulous Speedmark that made BA what it is! ..............(not that stupid ribbon that Ayling introduced..)

PLEASE - someone get into the room with Willie Walsh, BASSA, UNITE, GMB and the management and knock their bloody heads together until they agree on something! Even the threat that there just might be industrial action is affecting our forward bookings.