PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What it's like to spend £65,000 and not get a job
Old 4th Nov 2009, 22:54
12Watt Tim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wg100

Do you really think you will make a good PPL instructor when you have presumably never held a PPL and have simply been trained to be an airline FO? It is nothing personal, I don't know you, but the only instructor I knew who had been an integrated student was very poor and made errors precisely because he had no idea of a PPL. Have you done any club flying, to know that it suits you? Your attitude is promising for the future, that an instructor rating is a good thing to have done for your general flying, but why not simply take a non-flying job and wait for the inevitable upturn?

To me this really illustrates one of the big reasons not to take an integrated course. I know it's too late for you to change your choice, but do your reasons for doing so in preference to a modular course make any sense now? Do you think a modular course would have prepared you better for being in this position? I think others should learn from this, and I have always disliked the integrated course for just such reasons.