PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What it's like to spend £65,000 and not get a job
Old 4th Nov 2009, 22:31
99jolegg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wee Weasley Welshman
Well of course some poor sod dangling on the end of a CTC lifeline isn't going to call them a bunch of exploitative ****s
Maybe they don't feel like they're poor sods. Maybe they don't feel like they're dangling from CTC's lifeline and perhaps they're content with what they have at the moment knowing full well from their own analysis of the situation, and CTC's fairly blunt analysis of the current situation, what is likely to happen over the next couple of months.

It seems from the outside that your view of a CTC cadet is a lemming unable to fend for themselves, desperately hanging off the word of CTC management. Surely that article shows they're not? Most I have spoken to acknowledge times are crap, jobs aren't available, they won't be for a long time, but it's what they want to do and they can make ends meet. "CTC management" usually doesn't enter those conversations.

I think if you met Chris Clarke and aired your concerns, you probably wouldn't call him "scum" and an "exploitive ****". But I suppose that's the way of the internet.