PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 4th Nov 2009, 17:50
biteme

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leave it to the union

I for some strange reason care about our customers and am worried how far this company will degrade the service. If the problem is cash flow then why not accept a short term resolve?
I believe that WW was put in his position to do a specific job.
That was to tackle the TUs be it CC or ground services. A presentation was put to our investors a few years back and one major point was CC terms and condition being changed dramatically.
I get the fear people have about what we as a community have to do.
Understand that when you attack BASSA you attack every one that is a member. If you had been at the meetings you would understand that BASSA are more understanding than previous years. They have asked the members what we want to accept and what action we want them to take.
I know how companies tackle TUs and BA is following very old tried and tested formulas.
So I will leave the negotiations to my elected representatives as you all would faced with similar circumstances.
Please respect others and their opinions, I find some comments rather antagonistic and ill informed.
Lets all hope this turns out to be a happy ending.
Not like one in BKK though.