PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - **warning**
Thread: **warning**
View Single Post
Old 17th Jun 2002, 09:04
twistedenginestarter
ENTREPPRUNEUR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe I've not been looking at PPRuNe enough recently but I'm slightly at a loss as to what has caused this. You mentioned non-commercial postings and verbal abuse but seem to primarily concerned with presumably the press, or the unscrupulous, eliciting certain reactions.

Your posting was quite long but seems to be saying "you know who I talking to and you know what you've done wrong". What happens if they don't?

Maybe you could be more specific, perhaps like this:

1 We have some rules on PPRuNE. If you break them we will punish you by deleting your entries and maybe disabling your user id.

The rules are

2a Do not pretend to be someone you are not

2b Do not say something authoritatively if you are not an authority.

2c Do not start or spread rumours you have reason to believe have no basis.

2d Do not make defamatory statements or representations that convey an unjustly unfavorable impression about a person or organsisation, or make statements without just cause and tending to expose people or organisations to public contempt.

2j Do not make personally offensive remarks just because you disagree with what someone is saying. Ignore postings that you feel are facetious or are making offensive remarks to you.

2x Do not copy information published elsewhere (eg news)

2y Do not post items in Reporting Points which relate to any aspect of aviation that is not commercial. This forum is for commercial issues - not simply for things of interest to commercial airline personnel.

If you made out a specific set of rules like this you could then put it in FAQ.