PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 4th Nov 2009, 14:58
FlexSRS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Watersidewonker wrote:
I can't understand how my little brain tells me how i shouldn't accept BA's offer perhaps im just not willing to change with the times (working for free,-30% of my pay going etc etc)
I'm not expecting any kind of reasonable response, but here goes..

a) No one is forcing you to work for free. Some people did, because they realised the terrible state that BA is in. Good for them. I didn't, and I wouldn't expect anyone else to. No one is forcing you to work for free. (and to be honest, by your tone and previous posts, I think you are probably doing the company/customers a favour by spending the least amount of time at work as possible)

b) No one is going to cut 30% of your pay. The only people talking about a pay cut are BASSA, who kindly offered BA a 2.6% cut. (that the vast majority of CC are against - nice one)

"oh, but they will take our good routes away and give them to New Fleet" I can already hear you bleating. Well, if you take the negotiated fixed monthly payment, and negotiate it to be adjusted for flying volume and base rate, then you wont miss out.

"oh, but I earn more than the fixed amount, I will miss out" - BASSA have sight of the IFCE budget, they can see the amounts spend on LR Box payments, B2B, etc etc. They can take this number and divide it by the amount of crew, divide by 12 and check the number for themselves. The people that will miss out are the people that get more than their fair share of the high earning trips. Hmm, who could they be....

"yeah, but you don't get the fixed payment when you are on standby, or on SEP or off sick" - What, you mean like at the moment when you get a nice B2B payment for turning up to SEP or a lovely Box payment if you are at home with the sniffles to make you feel better? That argument doesn't hold water either.

I really do despair sometimes, but the thing that gives me hope is that I have only met a couple of people like you. People who will not see reason, and will not change. It is bordering on pointless even trying with your type.

The vast, vast majority of crew however are not like you. The 13,992 of you who do not post on pprune, and the 13,900 of you that do not just spout BASSA drivel and poison on CF and BASSA forum, either just shouting down anyone who questions with statements like "Don't question the reps, they know what they are doing, trust only BASSA" or writing "Bump" on the end of some half-baked post that is just personal insult about Walsh.

Have you considered what is going to happen if you 'win' in court tomorrow? Do you think that BA are going to let all the VR crew leave? Do you think they are going to let everyone have part time? They still need to get rid of 2000 crew due to the jets parked up in the desert. Do you remember that HR1 that was filed a few months ago....

God help all the reasonable crew this Christmas, I feel very sorry for them.