PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 4th Nov 2009, 09:34
Carnage Matey!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The fuel and cargo price fixing also post dated Walsh's arrival at BA. So you are telling me that he had no idea what all these managers and one senior director were doing?
All those managers? You seem to forget there were only half a dozen or so, and I doubt the first thing they did when the new boss arrived was say "Hi, welcome to the company and by the way I'm involved in an illegal price fixing cartel with our competitors.". The other fact that BASSA like to turn a blind eye to is that BA premises were raided by the authorities in order to gather evidence of the price fixing. They could take any documents they wanted, and they did, yet there was no evidence Walsh had been involved in any way and he faces no charges. No doubt you'll tell me next that it's all a cover up.

Already forward bookings or click throughs on one large travel website are showing a 13% drop to British Airways, compared to before the dispute escalated.
Been watching Sky News a bit too much have we? You seem to have omitted the the chap had added that he didn't know if it was due to the strike or BA's prices being too high and availability too low.

How long before it dawns on the shareholders that this prize that Walsh is after, is not a prize worth winning.
If your union has bothered to look at BAs finances in detail you'd see if he doesn't win there'll be no BA in three years time.

What we are witnessing in industrial terms, is thermo-nuclear conflict and we all know the reason why such an event has never occurred for real.
Except when the Americans nuked the Japanese. Coincidentally the Japanese also believed they were in the right and would fight to the death to preserve what was theirs. Sayonara PiB!