PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 4th Nov 2009, 09:00
Fume Event

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guess Flap 62 you mean a similar cost base to Air France/KLM, Lufthansa, Iberia rather than RyanAir?

Carnage: The fuel and cargo price fixing also post dated Walsh's arrival at BA. So you are telling me that he had no idea what all these managers and one senior director were doing?

I agree with ByAlphaIndia that BA management are turning the company into a laughing stock as far industrial relations go. Why would Iberia want to merge with a company that has become a pariah in the way it treats its staff?

Already forward bookings or click throughs on one large travel website are showing a 13% drop to British Airways, compared to before the dispute escalated. If BA is in a fight for survival, we shall see how much damage Walsh will allow besides the strike itself. He has already demonstrated disgraceful conduct in talking the airline down to push his agenda. How long before it dawns on the shareholders that this prize that Walsh is after, is not a prize worth winning. What we are witnessing in industrial terms, is thermo-nuclear conflict and we all know the reason why such an event has never occurred for real.