PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 3rd Nov 2009, 23:47
Re-Heat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There's really no need for BA to go for the confrontational approach everyone, for different reasons, seems to be relishing here. Ultimately, those remaining at BA have to be able to work together, and show a degre of pleasure in doing so to passengers. Crushing the entire CC community isn't a good play for Walsh long term. Crushing the Union diehards undoubtedly is.
I think that if they followed that route though, it would be far more demoralising as a whole, undermine trust, and leave legal channels open that they were selecting solely on the basis of union membership - that would be a clearly illegal route to take.

I agree, that some utter moron in management has failed to take a non-confrontational approach, where clearly this could have been better communicated. But, you are where you are, and I reckon that management would take the short, sharp route simply in order to minimise long-term revenue erosion and implement their will more quickly.

Pity. As I alluded to, if I were representing a group, I would take a more pragmatic and inclusive approach, addressing points such as
- Bidding
- Minimising faff time in uniform
- Sharing allowances more equally on an hourly rate
etc etc.

BA haven't a hope in hell of creating the most motivated workforce on the planet with BASSA diehards, but they haven't a hope in hell of doing so by creating mistrust and crushing all hope the employees have of representation either...