PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 3rd Nov 2009, 15:19
Carnage Matey!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree that an hourly rate would be acceptable if was a rate that didn't effect our take home pay.I.E putting all the costs of B2B payments,destination,ETP,boxes etc. into a pot,then divided it up so it works out at an hourly rate.That would be fine.

However if there was an an argeement for this negotiated rate,then who's to say that in a years time that the company lower the hourly rate closer to their suiting.Do we hacve to then get back round the table for more talks ? And a from a year from then,the company want to lower the rate again ?
There's absolutely nothing to stop BA deciding to lower Box, B2B, ETP, Destination or any other payments next year either. If BASSA are seeking a guarantee that BA will leave them alone for ever after this deal then I suspect they'll be disappointed, but given that BA could come calling again whatever the outcome of this dispute, would you rather have a consistent monthly payment, or a highly variable monthly payment coupled with the suspicion that you're not getting your fair share of the cash?