PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fed up.
Thread: Fed up.
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2009, 11:40
moonym20

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mike, I also understand where your coming from, been there, done that.. almost still am (!)

The old phrase when there is a will there is a way springs to mind. Whats your rough location? as suggested, if your near an airport make a start there and try to find a job where at least your working alongside aviation. If your not near an airport then an airfield, you already have your license so you already know somewhere. Spend some spare time around there, help out and get to know people.

The people you meet and the knowledge you gain from both scenarios will help you further. More-so at an airport, at almost every FBO i go through there is always some young person there on their way towards doing their ATPL.

What sort of career in aviation do you want? if you want to fly the things then what sort of area of flying do you want to do? i.e. airline's, corporate, Military etc...

It takes a long time to crack into the industry it's no good people telling you it takes years to do but thats the truth. Don't loose sight of your goal, if people can see that you want it bad enough they will help

Good Luck!