PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - For International Cadets.
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2009, 16:01
betpump5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In other words a park with an entrance fee but free rides in the long run is cheaper.
With the benefit of Hindsight.

For the past 10 years, I have enjoyed the rewards of paying for it all myself after my A-levels in the UK. ( I tell a lie- dad ex-Dan Air cap paid for it inc TR on a 73-classic back in 2000).

This led to a job flying the 732s in Philippines and onto a 742F job before I was 22. DEFO CX 4 years later, allowances and the rest. (I could not live happily in HK without the allowance I will add).

However hand on heart if me (my dad sorry) was offered the CPP, I think he would have wanted me to take that route instead of spending his pitiful savings from a career that saw him made redundant three times!

Taking an impartial view as an outsider, I do see Triple's and the other kids' point that this, maybe,was not the best place for the thread-starter to write such a post initially-it really did read like a "blog" as someone put rather than some kind words of advice (or the offering of advice via the forum or via PM).