PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 2nd Nov 2009, 11:32
Crash_and_Burn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How dare WW think he has the right to manage BA. Just who does he think he is?!?!?!?

I didn't mean to diverge this thread too much, but the comparison between Pilot/Cabin crew being the same as doctors/nurses was just a little bit too much on both sides. Ok I admit Lawyers.. debatable

Yes I agree the 62 weeks is just the beginning, so is the 6 years for a doctor and the 3 years for a nurse. If an MD wishes to become a surgeon it take at least 4 more, and not every doctor has the skill or aptitude to become a surgeon or consultant.

The comment about Doctors can get insurance to cover them if they screw up on the job and a pilot can't was also a pretty insulting comment to any medical professional out there.

As I said if you want to compare, chose a comparable profession, which equal training and skill being required. Or don't compare. As was said, horses for courses.

Anyway back to the CC discussion... Oh yeah, WW wants to mange the business....... Shock!

CB

"opinions are like A$$holes, eveyone has one!"