PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford Students
Thread: Oxford Students
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2009, 08:34
CharlieLimaX-Ray

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Just a question for TOPENDCHIEFPILOT, what makes you an expert on all things aviation and what experience do you bring to the table?

If you really are a Chief Pilot of ones those dodgy/sh$tbox operations in YPKU perhaps you had better get some mentoring from a more experienced Chief Pilot, so that you can set an example for your own pilots. Having unfortunatley transitted through YPKU lately, I feel very sorry for the RPT guys that fly in and out of the place.

To be a good Chief Pilot one has to act in a professional manner, display a good knowledge of the company operations, have a very good knowledge of the aircraft that you operate, be knowledgable on the local weather conditions, and also be a mentor for a newly minted CPL Pilot, don't expect them to be a big tough Kimberly pilot from day one. For a new CPL's the first job sets the standard for the rest of their career, if they survive they move onto the next job, or walk away from the industry or get sent home in a coffin.

Who conceived the idea of the +/- 30 seconds for ETA's, isn't the AIP standard of +/- 2 minutes good enough for your high standard?

Why the big industry myth about 200 series Cessna? I used to private hire a C210N after completing my UPPL licence. A gentleman learning to fly at another local school didn't like learning to fly in their C152/C172 so he went off and bought a C182 and did his RPPL/UPPL/NVMC and then later his IFR Rating. I can't remember his instructors saying he needed 100 hours or whatever in C172 before he could progress onto something bigger. Cessna built C152/172 to teach average people to fly and then they would hopefully sell them a C182/206/210 and then one day they would then progress into a Cessna twin.

I flew some Yanks around and one of the guys had his own construction business and learnt to fly during the 1970's at a Cessna Pilot Centre in a C150, and was hiring aircraft to fly out to his worksite when he decide to buy a new C206 which he still owned and was also flying a late model C310R which he hoped to upgrade to a Citation.

It is a Cessna 200 series afterall not the Space Shuttle.