PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fed up.
Thread: Fed up.
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2009, 23:17
Stephen Furner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fantastic to hear about your interest in a career in aviation there is loads of stuff going on out there that would benefit from some passion and commitment. Don’t live in the past 50 years or 5 years ago learn from it and enjoy a better future.

When I left school and was working as a labourer on building sites and in factories all the older unskilled men I was working with always said to the youngsters “Get a trade”. They were often keen the youngsters should learn from their experiences and get on.

I pass this advice on to you as the gift of one generation to the next. Abandon TV and the internet and get out there and see what’s available. If you see an opening for a trainee to work in an airport or at a small airfield then jump on it.

How about becoming an engineer? What about spending a few years learning to be a member of one of the fine teams of people who keep aircraft in the sky? Had you thought of an apprenticeship? Do you know what apprentice and other training opportunities there might be at your local airport or airfield?

You are currently working in the hospitality industry by the sound of it. There are hotels on airfields that need people. You could be one of them. What about passengers and their safety. Could you help get an aircraft full of people safely out the exits in the case of an emergency. Do you have the ability to calm someone who scared of flying but has travel as a passenger? If so, there may be airlines that need you for their cabin crew.

It’s a big world out there the 50 years ago people have had their turn now it’s yours.