PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fed up.
Thread: Fed up.
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2009, 21:00
mike172

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fed up.

Right, I started a new job a week ago working in a hotel. While it's not bad, it's really not what I want to be doing at all.

I love aviation. I always have and I always will. Ask anyone who knows me, they'll say the same. I've known from such a young age that I wanted to fly, and that desire is still burning deep inside.
I've had my PPL for close to two years, paid through another job that I had no interest in doing.

As I type I'm watching a BBC programme about early British aviation.
I've come to the point where I am totally fed up of working crap jobs and I just want to do the thing that makes me truly happy.

There doen't seem to be any help for young people like myself who want to get into aviation. If mummy and daddy have lots of money then you're sorted. But mine aren't. People only seem to be interested in (often) pointless and irrelevant qualifications and not passion and enthusiasm anymore.

I often wish I was born 50 years ago where a pilot could start out by sweeping hangars or cleaning aircraft.

I guess this little rant of mine is... I don't know really.

I'd do anything. Sweep hangars, clean planes, cut the grass at the airfield, make the guys up in the tower cups of tea! Anything.

Can anyone out there help? Anyone out there feel the same?