PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maun 2008-2009 season
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2009, 19:41
Caufield

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unless there is a gross misjustice going on with the company, and you are not being paid at all, and having unreasonable demands placed upon you (overweight aircraft, unmaintained etc etc) then suck it up and soldier on
Unless you are not being paid at all? You can't really set the bar much lower than that... And if you have a problem with flying overweight aircraft then Maun may not be the place for you. Overloaded aircraft and high density altitudes are daily realities at all of the companies in Maun.

As for my professionalism? How can you possibly judge that?
You obviously think it is unimportant for an employer to treat you as a professional so why should I consider you any differently? It takes a lot of training, time and commitment to become a commercial pilot not to mention money, and many of us take some pride in our work as a result. In return we expect the people we work for to treat us with a measure of respect, and I don't think that is too much to ask. I have never planned on flying in Maun "for life" as you put it, but why should that matter? I don't really plan to work for any 1 company "for life", but that isn't an excuse for them to not treat me professionally.

When people like you show up and make it obvious that you are willing to put up with anything to build hours, and see your job as nothing more than a stepping stone to some other, better job somewhere else you make every pilot in Maun look bad. You also encourage the worst of the operators to continue abusing their employees which makes life uglier for everyone.

These are entry level flying jobs, and that means relatively low pay for long hours, but you are still PIC of an aircraft carrying paying passengers and I think that should count for something. Obviously you disagree. But if you want the respect of any of the pilots already working in Maun I would keep your opinions to yourself when you get to town.

Last edited by Caufield; 1st Nov 2009 at 20:10.