PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Yukky PA's
Thread: Yukky PA's
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2002, 15:17
Chimbu chuckles

Grandpa Aerotart

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
One of the things I do NOT miss about airline flying is giving bloody PAs. In fact the only thing I miss less than giving PAs is listening to Spruccy's PAs Mate you're a good bloke but your PAs are nauseating!

I remember my first sector under training in a PX Dash 7, with the Fleet Captain no less. "Ok Chuck...time for you to do a PA".

"A WHAT? No sorry....don't do them!!!"

"Ya bloody do now!!!"

All I ever gave was,

"Ladies and gents welcome aboard flight xxx. Flight time today will be 3 hours...our track takes us west across the GAFA and we expect to have you disembarking at yyy. I'll get back to you around top of descent with an update of our arrival time and the weather. Thankyou.

I had to laugh late last year. We had finally got the airshow working in the Falcon and it was all set up with any info the people in the back could want. One of the Doctors we regularly fly with came forward and said "when are we getting there Chuck?"

"I have no idea....what does the TV in the back say?"

"Hang on Chuck I'll check!"

20 months a Captain/CP/Head of Cleverness and while I'm informed by our ever zealous resident F/O that a PA system exists I'm yet to discover how it works in the Falcon....BLISS.

Chuck.

Last edited by Chimbu chuckles; 16th Jun 2002 at 15:21.