PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - For International Cadets.
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2009, 22:33
SMOC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Triplespool,

You're missing the point, I'm giving you warts and all about the program, that's all. Some have considered this and decided it's fine which is good, they will probably stay on and fight for better conditions in the future, others have decided they will need housing due to their circumstances which is also good.

During the Interview, yes you will get asked about housing, if they think you don't understand the pro's and con's of housing they may think you haven't done you're home work. Then they'll ask again and say what about in the future when you have a family? Have you thought about these questions? You can't say I haven't thought about it or I'll cross that bridge when it comes!

Besides finding those suitable to finish the course, they will try to sift out those who will not stay without housing, even though they say they will.

The smart thing to do is to get on the course and decide about staying once you get to HK, and not let the interviewers know this.

The interviewers will see through the completely blinkered "I get to fly a 744" candidates who are blinded about everything else to do with the course, they also will see through those have done '0' towards a flying career until the CX course was offered, the I couldn't afford it will be no excuse, if you want to fly badly enough you will find a way.

Good luck to all.