PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Financial help, including HSBC loans (Merged)
Old 16th Jun 2002, 10:18
gabu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Banks & FTO's flights of fools!

It amazes me to see how all these people are advising you, they talk about bank loans as if its your god given right, take a reality check.

You borrow money you are going to have to pay it back with interest, as to juggling credit cards.. don't be so bloody stupid! You asking to take a big fall.

Think about the current job climate, its cr@p, can you afford to pay back £200-400 plus a month when you have all of your shiny new licences, and very little hope of aerial work?

The reality is banks are crying out to lend you money they are virtually begging you to. A friend of mine works at barclays call centre and she says there are lots of people inquiring and taking out loans on the premise of learning to fly proffesionally. The banks don't care whether you succeed or fail, nor do the flight schools they want the money you've lent from the banks.

Personally I'd think twice about getting a hefty loan from a bank get a career going build up some cash, possibly take a smaller loan, gain some experience work for it! don't think because a banks lent you the money and the FTO taken it from you, and the've treated you with the utmost respect, your on the career path to that dream you had when you where six you are you're not. When you get a paid flight job then you are, and then you'll realsie taking all those loans out wasn't such a good idea.

I think on the level of, they let suckers walk in from the street, when they've finished they throw the fools back on the street.

At least you've got something to fall back on! and you can continue to work on your career from there!

It works for very few taking big loans out, 99% it won't work for.

Personally I have complete disdain for FTO, they surround in false adulation and build up a false belief in yourself, generally costing you more than you thought, and these false hopes/beliefs which are far to easy to see in people not just permeating from these pages are far to plain to see.

If you think you are being taken for a ride, then 9 times out of 10 you are, they are all doing bigger favours for themselves than they are for you.

There are some very young and naive people on these pages and I can believe many of them may never make the grade.

My regards