PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mass Sit-In BA Engineers at LGW 14/06/02
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2002, 01:50
Secret Squirrel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lou:

Yet another chance to have a go at BA; how boring. BA, believe it or not, are in a much stronger position than you think so let's stop all this BA bashing nonsense. Yeah sure, the low costers are doing well and good luck to them but their true colours are beginning to tell amoungst the travelling public and most of my flights are generally full with a healthy proportion of business travellers. So where do these figures come from for the low costers?; I'll tell you, in the main it's a cross section of the undisirable public, the pondlife who have been duped into thinking that it's cheaper to fly low cost only to find later that a similar trip on a BA/BM/other non UK national carrier would not only get them to their desired destination (as opposed to 1 1/2 hours drive away from where they actually want to get to) but that the flight wouldn't have to be met by the police.

M.mouse:

The point here isn't whether there is enough work; it's whether there is the right type of work. They've shifted most longhaul and all mediumhaul aircraft up to golden runways. Fine. let's say that you are now surplus 100 engineers. Please explain to me the logic behind transferring those 100 engineers based on their home postcode, because it baffles me. We on the RJ have two aircraft without airstairs, six without APU, a further two without front toilets and one doesn't have a reliable fuel guage. And that's just the ones I have flown lately. To make matters worse, one of those aeroplanes has all four defects to itself; indeed has had for over a week. All of last week there was only one engineer at any one time available to sign the defects in the techlog.

It seems to me there are a few too many people here who know rather a lot about not much at all.