PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maun 2008-2009 season
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2009, 05:57
Bla Bla Bla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys enjoy your trip to Maun, I hope it works out for you. One bit of advise, all meet up with each other but remember you are each others competition.

Whilst there I saw loads of guys on the search for work some used to hang around together all the time and would turn up together at the companies IMHO that does not strengthen your position, also watch what you say as Maun is small and people will hear.

One guy arrived and told the chief pilot in his first sentence that and I quote" my father is a senior captain for SAA ". As if that will make any odds, he spent over a month looking and left.

Another guy told the CP that he had been in town two days but had not come in as he had been on the piss with his mates. He left a few weeks later.

And one guy from NZ drove most of the pilots in Town to distraction and hung around for ages and generally invited himself everywhere drunk everyone's beer and never got a round in and was just bloody annoying. Some guys even told him that he should save his money as he will never get a job Maun, He eventually left.

Its a balance of showing your face in the companies so they know you, maybe helping out a bit but not getting annoying.

Good luck and enjoy Botswana.