PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - For International Cadets.
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2009, 21:28
clinty83

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tition404 is correct

I applied and was successfull in obtaining a stage 1 interview but got the old "while we are impressed with your abilities, other candidates are considered to be more suitable" email.

I have CPL MECIR and 300 hrs, a good mate has ATPL MECIR and 2000hrs. We both failed to get through the first stage. However I know of a young fella that got through to stage 2 and possibly 3 and has only about 2 hrs flight time. perhaps they want to triain them the Cathay way.

I'm not sure what they look for in these interviews and it would have been nice to get through but the sun will come up again in the morning and life will go on. I did also email and ask for feedback on my interview and again got the generic email "please understand that because of the large amount of applicants we are unable to give feedback" email. Still very very hard to find GA jobs in Aus at the moment.

Titan404, thankyou for your help it is much appreciated the airlines need more people like yourself. When it comes to aviation I have read a motto that Neil Armstrong wrote in his biography. I was reading it years ago and it rings pretty bloody true to me, it goes

Tell me, and I'll forget
Show me, and I may remember
INVOLVE me, and I will learn