PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 29th Oct 2009, 06:52
MrBunker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WWW,

It brings clarity but, sadly, I suspect we're no further to closure. The problem here lies in people simply not wanting to believe as the truth doesn't suit their world model. The industrial fashion in BA has always been for other staff groups to use the pilot remuneration as some sort of benchmark/target/gripe (depending on the point that's to be made). Truth, whilst abundantly available, is rarely taken on board unless it's the kind that says 25% paycut!!!, 500% productivity increase!!!, pilot share deal gives it all back to them!!!. I use the exclamation marks deliberately as dispassionate debate appears beyond the BASSA style representation. We now have a large cadre of staff who define truth by the simple yardstick of whether or not their union tells them. BA are liars, BASSA are paragons of truth and virtue. FACT!! (If you catch my ironic drift). Only a few seem willing and able to look at both sides of the argument and make up their own mind, hearteningly many of them seem to be contributing to this thread.

There's a fundamentally diseased industrial model at the heart of BA and it's fed by all sides. Frankly I'm ashamed somedays.