PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - For International Cadets.
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2009, 16:28
Triplespool123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
404 titan,

This obviously took a lot of time and effort and really does highlight the differences. I think to all the International Cadets who obviously don't have these figures to hand, I think they are educated enough to realise that having no housing allowance for throughout their career adds up to some serious amounts! No one ever said otherwise.

However that AU$760'000 is your betting money.

1. There in no DESO. There are some posts here saying that it may start up in 2010 but will CX need that many considering CP31 and 32 are set to graduate next year? Either way I can't see their being a DESO scheme in Cathay in the future when they already have 6 CPP schemes this running this year with more set to start next year - and remember, CX are doing the CPP so that they dont have to pay the housing allowance anymore.

2. The person who decides against the CPP needs to have the money to start with in order to self-sponsor. I for one am not that person and I'm pretty sure the other applicants are in the same boat.

3. If I did have the money, there is no gurantee of a job even in GA. Thats certainly true here in the UK and from what I have read, its pretty much the same in AUS.

4. If I did somehow manage to pay for my traning, and be lucky enough to get a GA job for 5 years, is there a gurantee that DESO will have started up in 2016? OR, where is my gurantee that I'll get a jet/airline job?

These four points (and there are 1000 points more especially in this industry and in this unstable climate) are the reason why myself and many others here consider this scheme to be the only guranteed way into that dream job and why we have the opinion that we are not "getting ripped off".

But like I say, I thank you for your post. Yes I'll admit its shocking to see the actual figure presented to me. But just like in banking, you can invest little and risk little. Or you can invest big (pay for it yourself) but risk losing out on an excellent opportunity.

I don't even have the luxury of the latter choice. Because I don't have the funds to self-sponsor.

timeo Danaus et dona ferentum seems to be very very true in this industry.

Last edited by Triplespool123; 28th Oct 2009 at 16:47.