PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 26th Oct 2009, 23:03
HiFlyer14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WWW - if Cabin Crew strike, we probably will end up working for peanuts.

At the moment, we have a very good offer that does NOT REDUCE OUR SALARY BY ONE PENNY. How is that "working for peanuts"?

The only worry that we have now is New Fleet - but WW has written to Unite to meet their request to talk about new contracts for new crew. Why have they refused this and instead issued a ballot? Unite should be talking to WW and negotiating this in OUR best interests. WHY ARE THEY NOT DOING THIS.?

A very good offer is about to turn very sour due to people who are unable to read the EVIDENCE and blindly accept the utter tripe that BASSA are saying.

I remember in 2007 people virtually in tears the day before the strike was due, as they didn't expect to actually have to carry it out. I think this time WW is going to call their bluff.

W2P - many of us are talking about the need for new representation, not only on here but online. It's amazing when you admit that you don't support the union, the relief that people show and they actually reveal that they don't either. What can we do? This is appalling. Unite haven't even had the decency to inform us of the ballot yet - I had to hear it on the news