PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - For International Cadets.
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2009, 19:59
Triplespool123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Epasz,

Let me consider some of your points.

people didn't post against u for no reason...they posted it because they disagree with ur view and thinking.
Ok simple maths here.

Scenario 1:
I want to fly the big jets (apologies to those with a penchant for TPs and who enjoy "real flying"). I have no no money to pay for the training. It would be selfish of me to get my parents to remortgage their house.

Scenario 2:
A lovely airline called Cathay Pacific are offering to pay for my traning, and pay for a type rating on the "big jets" I speak of. Then pay me a salary for doing so.

So Espaz, are you telling me that you guys "disgaree with my views and thinking" that Scenario 2 is the better option?

we have people like <yokebearer> who have mentioned...opening the door to a more global cadetship is not doing good to the industry. Hence, making it not very well accepted by some group of people.
This Espaz is why you wrote what you did. This is the point of your thread. And you know what? I'm not going to have a go at you and others who think that. I accept this argument and I would feel the same. I have spent a long time on pprune reading posts from guys who have 20-30 years of experience.

They all say the same thing. Basically there are stary-eyed wannabees like me who will pay the likes of Mr O'leary £30K just so he can fly shiny jets and by-pass the GA method of working your way up from crop-sparying. Its is people like me that have caused "easyJet captains to be limited to 2 bottles of water" etc etc.

I get your argument. I honestly do. Because this sets a precedent doesn't it? Ex-pats like me who are prepared to wave-away allowances could be dangerous for current ex-pat pilots in Cathay Pacific who are currently receiving these allowances.

But, I will not apologise for taking this opportunity. And you coming on here saying

u are committed to getting ripped off in the long-run
is very insulting to the current cadets who worked bloody hard to get through the stages and are now in traning spending 60 weeks away from their family. It is also very shallow to indirectly suggest that interntional applicants are "getting ripped-of" because they should be getting allowances whilst their Hong Kong colleagues of the same age in the same training course are not.

404 Titan

Hong Kong nations manage to live here because they live like locals not expats.
Thank you for making my point in just one sentence. I need say no more.