PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are we facing a safety issue?
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2009, 14:58
postman23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@AirRabbit

Best response to this thread by far... Thank you for taking a logical stance to what seems to me to be an illogical arguement.
Not so fast Tommojonm.

Fact is that the majority of our infrastructure was financed by taxpayers money, years ago I must admit (unless you are Italian ).
When the automobile industries went tits up, when the banks started collapsing, where agriculture is concerned, where steel comes into play, where the arms industry is at stake, yes even at Boeing and Airbus, the government steps in.

AirRabbit's argument has value IF and only IF you reject all of the financial support in the mentioned and additional examples. In which case the government apparatus starts to become obsolete, i.e. it is no longer governing. What do you present as an alternative, surely not free market. That was the inital trigger of the ongoing downhill slide of the airline business and therewith the definite trigger for pay-for-training, crap salaries and the likes, ultimatly degrading safety to an extent that US Congress is looking into Colgan 3407. By my knowledge the first time ever that politicians cared for an accident in the transport sector.

Kindly awaiting response.

Last edited by postman23; 26th Oct 2009 at 15:02. Reason: typo