PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - For International Cadets.
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2009, 08:56
Triplespool123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lets get things straight

Guys,

I have read the responses and I am quite surprised at the people that have spoken out against what I have written and others of the same view.

Your responses have been "We are here to help you", "Ask us questions" etc. Well this is strange becuase the original post was nothing of the sort. Let us quote the original lines that made me respond the way I did:

But in the long run...it seems you are just getting ripped off by the company, when you ask yourself am I an expat or not?
If you are ignoring this post after reading it, that means u are committed to getting ripped off in the long-run
The original poster gave NO advice whatsoever in his speech - just pure negatives which is why I came to the assumption that this was a failed CX candidate.

I have repeatedly asked posters here what other choices I have. Do any of you seriously think that I will not apply for the CPP worth a possible £150K (inc TR) just beacsue I don't get an allowance? Even though every other Hong Kong national-7 million of them- seem to survive?

None of u s came here originally asking how we would cope on a SO salary. So why are you all now coming here saying:

you'd see that I've helped many people in the past by posting advice on Forums and sending all my study notes
If you want to do something contructive for your selection process you could ask me some questions. I'm not trying to hinder you coming here. I honestly would like to help you if I could.
It's not up to us to give you solutions
etc etc. None of us asked for advice. The original post was a speech detailing the negatives of the scheme and as of yet, the OP has refused to answer WHY he wrote it.

NO prospective CPP cadet, international or otherwise, came here seeking solutions or came to ask questions. Do you seriously think that I or anyone else will give up this opportunity of a lifetime just because I won't get a houseing allowance? Or becasue 50% of my salary will go to accomodation.

I'm sorry but no one has given advice here-AND, no one originally asked for it.
If anyone here is prepared to give me £150K to pay for training myself, with the GUARANTEE of a job in 6-12 months after completion, then please send me the check and I won't apply for CX!

Come on guys!

I do however want to aplogise if I came across as too sardonic. But I despaired at the original post becasue it was nothing but showboating. Giving a speech when no one asked for it and which gave no advice whatsoever except to say "You're getting ripped off".

When an airline pays for me to train and gives me a salary at the end of it, then I am certainly not getting ripped off. The fact that Hong Kong is an expensive place to live is not Cathay Pacific's fault.

This industry owes me nothing.

I'm sorry if this view is considered niave by the more senior folk that have slowly seen their T&Cs reduce over the last 10 years. I genuinely mean that. I would feel the same and I honestly wish you well on a continued career or a career change if that is what it has come to.

But no one has the right to come here telling cadets that they "will be ripped off" when it is obviously so untrue beyond belief.

Last edited by Triplespool123; 26th Oct 2009 at 09:12.