PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - For International Cadets.
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2009, 09:57
Triplespool123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Epasz, 404 Titan, and Forward COG,

Thank you for your time in writing your posts because you guys have swayed me completely. Thank you.

You are right, I can not live in a shoebox, breathing in polution and living with 7million people on your doorstep whilst paying 50%+ of your salary for the privelige. I'm a pompous white westerner you see and hold myself classes above my asian friends. From what you are saying, I won't have enough money left over to pay for a couple of filipino maids to wipe my backside and cook my food

Also,the big shiney jets have never really appealed to me - at least not initialy. Botswana looks good though flying turbo-props on a few thousand a year. Hopefully I will be lucky enough to get that job (in this current climate) having already got my parents to re-mortgage their house to the tune of £80K.

Having built a few thousand hours in West Africa and being apart form my family for a few years, I should be able to get a job flying with the Worlds Favourite Airline - British Airways. I believe Skytrax were going to put BA as the No.1 airline for the last 5 years running but due to politics and our foreign police synergies with the USA, it would not have looked so good for Skytrax to do so.

If I can't get into BA, then I'll dig around for a bit to find 30K to fly for Ryanair - hopefully I have some left over to pay for my uniform, and 6 months accomodation during line training.

Guys, thanks very much. I'm going to call CX HR department now to withdraw my application. Who needs £150K worth of traning when I can pay for it all myself?

T123

Last edited by Triplespool123; 26th Oct 2009 at 09:58. Reason: Below the belt unprofessional phrase