PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - For International Cadets.
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2009, 17:55
Triplespool123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Epasz,

Your thread intrigues me.

My first assumption was here is a failed CX applicant, DEFO/DESO/CPP Cadet or otherwise who is rambling on to make himself feel better that he got rejected. However I will bite! If only to put my views across becasue your post makes it look like we are idiots who haven't been reading the small print.

Flying is a dream. No one does it for the money. The time, effort and traning initially and throughout the career could get you far more money working as a doctor, lawyer etc.

Because flying is a dream and not a job, the rewards are merely a bonus. This is why many a prospective pilot will spend upto £90K of his parents hard earned cash for a fATPL just so that he/she (if lucky enough) can fly in West Africa building hours, OR if they have some spare change lying around, will pay Mr O'leary £30K to fly 737s for him.

These are the choices open to me in the UK.

That is what pilots do my friend. And for many hundreds of thousands of pilots out there, the majority of them will never reach an international carrier-let alone a top three airline (Cathay, Emirates, Singapore).

How the hell can you come here and write that CX is "ripping you off". CX will pay for your fATPL (Worth more than £100k if paid for in the UK) and then a TR on a 773ER/744/A340 worth an extra £45K+
. OH, and 90% schooling allowance. Promotion to JFO almost doubles your salary by the way.

But yeah, you're right mate. I'll reject this. I'll stay in England and pay for it all myself. Then consider myself lucky enough if I found £30K lying around to go to Ryanair.

Espaz, your thread is pointless. Do you seriously think that there is any international wannabe pilot out there that would not apply for this scheme on the basis that he/she will not get a housing allowance-and hence pay for it him/her self?

For an international wanabee (who obviously can't apply to Singapore, Emirates cadet schemes due to nationality), CPP is by far the best scheme out there. It is pure Gold.

I have a question for you Espaz and unlike your "question", mine is pretty clear:

What was the point of your thread?

Last edited by Triplespool123; 26th Oct 2009 at 10:07.