PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 24th Oct 2009, 15:40
MrBunker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Winstonsmith,

Hard to say really - at the end of the day, in theory, you can strike for pretty much anything if you want to, and you conduct the preamble correctly. That Unite seem to think they'll challenge the legality of the BA changes in court is an interesting and, potentially, high-risk strategy.

I shouldn't expect that the ST ticket or the fixed monthly payment will make a lot of difference as the foot stampers on CrewForum are adamant that even if it were £50k p/a fixed allowances they still wouldn't take it. As for the one that holds a moderator position trying to frighten people into not even contemplating a fixed allowance by dividing the £8k p/a figure by every single hour in the year and then telling people they'll only get 92p per hour allowances - well, I think there's an opening for you writing BASSA factsheets. For shame. That's for every single hour of the whole year, you'd still get meal allowances on top and you'd not have to rely on destinations to make your money. Terrible suggestion but, hey, it's from BA so it must be lies, lies and more lies I guess.

And as for the angry CSD who seems incapable of turning off the vitriol - if you hate them that much - why stay and give yourself an ulcer?

It seems that the vocal group want a fight, no matter what, yet, endearingly believe that if Willie and Bill could be shown the door that all would be rosy again. I wonder when the intelligentsia will finally note the earth revolving around the sun instead of their current inviolable orthodoxy.

This whole show is a travesty that reflects appallingly on our cabin crew unions, some of the membership, our management and the outward perception of our airline.

MrB