PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing vs. Airbus- Question for Cabin Crew-Doors
Old 24th Oct 2009, 06:26
VS-LHRCSA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad to see I'm not the only one who doesn't like the Embraer.

nuigini, sorry I haven't explained it well. I haven't flown it in a while, and I've blocked it out so I don't get confused. Basically to open the door, you lift both handles, then push the inner handle down to close some sort of protective flap. There's no real assist handle on the door and it's just an awkward motion that is prone to injury, not to mention broken nails.

I've always like the mid cabin doors on the A321 that wait until the slide has deployed before opening.

Some airlines here in Oz don't even let their crew open or close doors unless in emergency. Ground staff do it for them. I'm not sure if I agree with that or not. It eliminates the slide deployment risk but it doesn't give crew a chance to get used to the feel and motion of the door but then every day use is not going to feel the same as emergency use anyway, so maybe it is a good idea.

My first airline trained that your P45 was attached to the slide that you blew. Got the message across, I only remember a No2 doing it on the 767 and she was demoted. In this airline, that was probably worse than the P45 but it taught us all to be extra vigilant.