PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ptc Irl Skills Assessment
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2009, 15:53
corsair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Holy ressurected thread Batman! PTC has improved apparently by all accounts. They needed to. But fair play to them they have upped their game. However it's worth pointing out again and again that they are expensive for what is a modular course. It's not integrated. They don't claim it is but I've met students from there who believed it was.

As for the assessment, my original comments and that of others remains. The fact that not everyone 'passes' is neither here nor there. It is a marketing exercise largely. It also can be used to eliminate people who might lower the overall pass rates thus making the school look bad.

I'm also asking myself why anyone is considering starting training right now. There ain't any jobs. A lot of people have been trying to take mine of late, the pile of CVs just grows and grows, many ex PTC students too I might add. Big change from the days when I asked how many people applied for the job. 'just you' was the reply. That was last year by the way! How quickly things change.