PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 23rd Oct 2009, 11:09
Jean-Lill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Imposition

Now they have reduced the cabin service in tourist on short haul routes to a drinks + biscuit service only, that surely mean less crew are needed to provide the reduced service. A reduction in service must surely mean a reduction in crew. I cannot see that is imposition of a reduced crewing level. If the cabin service remained the same and they reduced the crew level then that might be a different matter.

I travel frequently as a pax and do not think they have reduced the number of crew since they reduced the cabin service.

On flights of 2 hours, they have nothing much to do as the drinks service takes very little time, then they try and sell tax free goods that does not seem to take very long. I consider they have so many crew that there is nothing for them to do for more than half the flight time. 3 of them to do just a drinks service in a tourist cabin of 78 seats. I would have thought one could easily have done that in 2 hours.

On the subject of cabin crew tidying up the aircraft on turn rounds, no they do not do that like other cabin crew do who work for other airlines, cleaners come on and do that.