PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 23rd Oct 2009, 09:15
flybymerchant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jill, if you think that's unsual, I flew to Heathrow from Manchester last week on a half empty 320.......SEVEN STEWARDS/STEWARDESSES!!! Can only have been about 100 passengers (no they were not all in club!) on a 25 minute flight! On enquiring as to where else they had been/were going that day, I was told, "home!"....how can BA hope to keep their head above the water when they're paying seven sets of hotel rooms, transport to and from the hotel, food and drink allowances x7 AND of course uniform costs, training costs, etc etc which some other airlines' staff have to pay themselves....FOR A TWENTY FIVE MINUTE FLIGHT?!?!?! They were strapped in for 15 of those too! As I understand it they don't even tidy up the cabin between flights as all other airhostesses do, they sit around relaxing while cleaners do it! Even the 'Safety demo' is a video recording! Pointing out the emergency exits? Some sort of low wattage flashing lightbulb might be in order!

How on earth can the cabin crew community hope not to be held responsible for all other departments in BA having increase productivity and take PAYCUTS when this is the sort of outrageous waste of money and resources that they refuse to change but that they know BAs competitors don't have to put up with?! JOIN THE REAL WORLD and stop bleating on about minor agreement changes, DONT RUN BA INTO THE GROUND BECAUSE YOU MIGHT HAVE TO WORK 5% harder....If the Union proposes a strike I think everyone hopes the union gets taken to the cleaners for holding a gun to the company's head and massively misrepresentig it's members- shame on bassa fatcats