PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - For International Cadets.
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2009, 21:19
clinty83

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wowpeter

I agree with your post 100%. I've recently been suessful in obtaining an interview with CX for the cadet program in Brisbane. I do hold a CPL and an MECIR already yet hve been told the 60 week program will still have to be completed. So lets take a look at what were talking about here. People whom are asking about housing etc need to perhaps harden up or go and get a law degree. I don't care about housing benefits nor am I worried about salaries. To some that may sound incredibly stupid but lets stand back and take a look at whats being offered.

Training that is provided free of charge with an airline that has won the skytrax "WORLDS BEST AIRLINE" award 3 times in the last 10 years and then an oppourtunity to fly their almost brand new inter-continential heavy jet aircraft.

You have to start as a small fish in a big pond and work your arse off to become a big fish. Yes it will take time and some serious effort but thats the nature of the beast. I fly because I love it not because of salaries or benefits involved. If you cant make ends meet on an S/O salary, either earn more ie second job, or spend less ie smaller or shared living costs. I personally would do anything I need to do to be that small fish.