PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - For International Cadets.
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2009, 20:52
wowpeter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your question is a valid one however I am not so sure about the intention of your question.

There are many valid points being made here in this post and I am not going to reiterate it... however, knowing that a CEP (cadet entry pilot, as it is now call) only has a non-binding bond of 6 years, any CEP can leave whenever they feel that they can not reach their personal goal / target with CX. This is something that the CX management will have to work on if they indeed want to retain such CEP in the company after a few years of service. And this apply to both local and international applicants, because just to remind you, there were many so call local applicants who has overseas passport and are citizen of an overseas country as well. It just happens that they have a HKID card, so they are eligible to apply to the cadet scheme before it is opened to international applicants. So in reality, there might not be so much of a different between the local vs international group of cadets.

As suggested in this post that there have been talk about housing to CEP, but I think it is important to note that it is just talks / rumor. Is it going to happen? Nobody knows, but I will not bank on it until it actually happens. So when you are making your decision to join the cadet scheme or not, I think it is wise to make a decision based on no housing assistant to CEP.

Finally, I think you need to ask yourself the ultimate question: "Why are you doing this (when you apply to the cadet scheme)?" I think if you can answer that honestly with yourself, you will know if the cadet scheme is right for you or not.

Just my two cents.