PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 5 weeks in court
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2009, 15:03
Giuseppe Giovanni

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Does one need to be present to be supportive? After all, the Court case will proceed whether one or one thousand people attend. I'm quite certain the outcome will be the same.

I also don't appreciate your suggestion that the AOA as a whole, didn't support the 49ers. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm quite certain that I contributed a sizable sum of my monthly salary, as did every AOA member, to help support the 49ers for a number of years. I have no qualms with that at all.

You may also recall, the first vote to withdrawal financial support was voted down by the AOA membership. The President at the time elected to hold a second vote, something which should never have happened. Personally I voted 'no' on both counts.

What tarnished my perception, was the hostility displayed by a number of 49ers towards colleagues, including myself, who had unquestionably displayed support morally, politically, industrially and financially but where labeled 'screw you Jack', simply by execution of the final vote. Very similar I might add, to what N.R. stated in day 7 when a number of 49ers where terminated, simply due to the unjust reason of 'guilty by probability'.

In summary, please don't misconstrue my words here. To this day, the 49ers have my full support, but please don't state the the AOA wholeheartedly abandoned them. We are a democracy and unfortunately the voting margin, on the second vote, tipped the way it did. It certainly was not a landslide vote and as such, clearly no reason to tarnish everyone with the same brush.