PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Fighter Collection
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2009, 11:31
JEM60

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
It seems that [from various sources] that the CAA and the TFC, to cut a long and probably not very accurate story, p...ed each other off, with much table thumping etc., CAA got shirty and removed Permits to Fly.
It would appear [allegedly] that there were paperwork issues, although, not being particularly mechanically minded, I always [and still do] believe that everything is above board, but there were admin errors.
In July I spoke to someone very senior in TFC who informed me that the problems would be resolved, but it would take time [and no doubt money] I understand that the tail has to come off the Corsair to check the validity of a bearing, and that is just one of many aeroplanes.
Recently I spoke to a representative of TFC and he said we would know when the problems are overcome, because they would be flying again. In the meantime, the P.51 and the Sea Fury continue to fly, as they are on the American Register.
I hope for all enthusiasts sake that this is resolved, because Mr Gray[Grey]?? has spent a vast amount of time and money on his collection, so that we all have the huge pleasure of seeing these superb piston engine fighters in the air. I, for one, am full of admiration for his efforts.