PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 22nd Oct 2009, 10:02
Human Factor
Couldonlyaffordafiver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would guess so. BASSA are going to have to get their skates on pretty sharpish in order to notify BA of strike action ahead of the 16th.
That's not practically possible now. To prevent legal stoppers regarding the length of the ballot process for crews, three weeks is considered an acceptable amount of time to keep a ballot open. Due to the postal strikes, longer would probably be required.

If a "Yes" vote is forthcoming, the union have to give a week's notice of the first day of action. So ignoring the postal dispute, assuming BASSA sent out ballot papers today, the earliest a strike could happen would be on or about 22nd November, which gives a week or so of legally having to work to the new levels (ie. accepting them).

BASSA can ballot if they want I suppose but it looks like they've probably missed the boat. Which brings us back to my question from my previous post:

BASSA said they would ballot immediately if BA announced imposition. They haven't. Why not?