PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing vs. Airbus- Question for Cabin Crew-Doors
Old 22nd Oct 2009, 00:32
VS-LHRCSA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BA's 757s have an alarm that beeps if a door is opened in automatic.
I remember D1R going off mid flight once, it's quite shrill.

I've always trained and been trained that research (I don't have specifics to hand) has shown that doors with up and down door handles (such as Airbus and 767) have higher incidences of inadvertent slide deployments that rotatory handles.

I can relate to nuigini's feelings about the 767. Funny, I always found the hard heave-ho and bang of the 757 door kind of reassuring. Not exactly scienficially based but you know the door is shut, when you shut it - so do the pax around you. Funny enough, I have managed to dodge the 737 thoughout my whole career.

The worst door I have come across is on the E170. If anyone has flown it, along with another aircraft, you really have to stop and think about what you are doing. The door handle and the arming lever are in the same mechanism. You have to remember to split the handles before opening. I've often wondered what the statistics are for slide deployment on Embraers are? Give me the ATR anyday, you just crack and go.