PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 21st Oct 2009, 18:53
cym

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
flying chick

As ex crew I also have an opinion. Since stooping flying I work in a true commercial environment - as do most other crew flying. - Virgin. restructued national carriers, charter and loco crews! BA do not operate in a vacume

Most people in all walks of life have come to accept that changes in working practices are inevitable - understand the drivers, negotiate and reach an agreement that suits both sides. In this case this has clearly not happened. You can stick your fingers in your ears and say 'I'm not listening' as much as you like - reality has to be accepted. BA needs to change or it will not survive - simple as and BASSA has done you no favours in this respect.

Carries do fail - Pan Am, TWA, Sabena, Swissair, - all thought to be gold plated in the past - what happened? A lot of unemployed cabin crew when they failed.

The truth of the situation is that you're in potentail loose / loose situation if a strike goes ahead - loss of pay whilst a strike goes ahead followed possibly by your job.

Change is always unsettling - I appreciate that but as the luddites learned to quote a PM I detest 'There is no alternative'