PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 21st Oct 2009, 16:48
Carnage Matey!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by flying chick
If you honestly believe that most of the crew at BA are NOT willing to give a weeks pay to fight for our future, you are very much mistaken,
Most crew I discuss it with don't even realise they won't be paid on a strike day! I think you are the one who is very much mistaken.

I received a letter from Unite we are all UNITED Amicus, CC89 AND Bassa just to show you that we are all in this together....
It was only a week ago the convenor of BASSA was on a disciplinary charge due to a grievance lodged by the head of CC89. United? My a***! Unite HQ pumps out the usual bull about crew being united but lift the stone a little and the cockroaches are fighting each other like never before. CC89 don't want a strike and resent BASSA dragging them into one.

BA is spinning a fast one to break the union we ALL would have agreed to temporary solutions. First there was NO new fleet, now it is back on?? Come on...
New fleet was off the table as an incentive to negotiate. BASSA wouldn't negotiate so new fleet is back and your savings target has gone up. There's nothing in BA's proposal that wasn't known about or predicted prior to the June 30th deadline. But then your union reps thought they could spin this out until BA gave up, didn't they.