PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What hope for low hour pilots ???
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2002, 23:43
smartcol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In Response ...

Firstly, I am taken aback by the responses to my post. Some are valid and I can accept them, but others I feel are a little harsh.

I am well aware of the fact that I am not going to WALK INTO a job now I have finished my course, only those immortal sponsored breed among us are capable of that.

I feel that WWW is a little offside with his retort to me saying
"even willing to work for a small haulage company" if he chose to read on, it actually says FOR FREE. Of course I would jump at the chance of a job with anyone. I am not being regal at all.

As far as FTO's go, frankly I will not change my stance on this, yes I am disheartened with the situation, but for those of you who did their flying at large school, which included self-sponsored and sponsored students, you will understand where I am coming from. It took a lot for me to get money and get into this course, at 22, it was a massive step for me. And to be honest it didn't really go according to plan, I made a mess of some exams, and battled through, it eventually took me nearly two years. During that time I felt I was treated poorly by the school, I was not allowed an opinion, I was to conform to their way of being and really I felt as if I were to fend for myself, which made me all the more determined and stick two fingers up when I did eventually pass, is that the right way to treat a paying customer ??? The patrionising and the arrogance and the RAF military style of these places does not rub off on me, being a customer to a business as so many of you are calling it, I expect more, not to be treated like a schoolboy and have to be made to feel inadequate to ludicrous extremes such as not wearing my tie, or having not shaved, or not wearing my hair like some would like, what rubbish !!! I am paying for this, if I want to fly in my pants I should be able to !!! And before everyone rants on about that being stupid and they are trying to teach me respect, well that is not the way to go about it. I think the course was difficult enough without me feeling stressed and getting grief from people who decided they did not like me because I did not brown nose their arse like the others.

Thanks to all of you who give words of support, I have in no way given up, I know things will happen and I just need to hang in there. I guess having spent the money I am expecting it to happen immediatly for me, I suppose you do after 35,000. I was basically having a moan, and looking for advice and help as to what others in my situation are doing or thinking about.

I also have to say I find this forum a bit cut throat, I have to admit I sometimes look to get ideas about what others are doing and alikes, but it is like a rat race, no-one giving anything away, keeping cards close to their chest, come on guys, we are all pilots, we all need to help each other ... don't we ???